Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pray

As Christians I know a lot of us were disappointed in the outcome of the election last night. I wanted to encourage everyone to look at this as opportunity. An opportunity to Unite as Christians to Pray. Pray for our country, our pastors, and our new president. There is no doubt there is power in prayer we've all experienced it in our lives, so now is not the time to be discouraged. Now is the time to pray. Some of the things I will be specifically praying for is first and formost, true Salvation for Obama, for protection over the unborn and the sanctity of marriage. I encourage you to do the same. We rallied before the election to pray at the same times, how about now? Lets all come together and stop and pray for our nation now every day at 5:00pm Mountain time. You might be on your way home from work or cooking dinner. Just stop your mind from thinking and put it to praying during this time! I challenge all of us to do this. NOW is the time to KEEP praying, please don't become so discouraged that we stop!

3 comments:

natalie said...

great attitude about it heather and scott. our response (hard as it is) should always be to be in prayer for our leaders, so if you have been, keep on, if you haven't start! it is easy to be discouraged but just as in other bad things, we must remember that God is Sovereign. He is still in control whether or not it feels like it.

keeprunnin said...

Thanks girl. Will do!!

Val said...

that's a great idea.....the night of the election I had already sent the boys to bed before we knew for sure. Of course they kept calling out of their rooms to see if we knew yet so at 10 when they made the announcement I had them all come in the living room and we prayed. I worried about them showing respect for their new president when they know our hopes were so different. After our prayer I felt much better so I think this 5 pm idea is a great one.
I am also having trouble because Davis doesnt know what abortion is and I don't want him to know yet! The trouble is that we pray out loud in our house and that has been so heavy on my heart with this election that I keep stumbling in my prayers because I stop myself from saying what starts to naturally come out of my mouth (i still pray for it silently). Would you also please pray for us and for Davis's tender heart when he learns that this is possible and happens every minute in our country.