Saturday, February 21, 2009

Facebook

Has anyone else noticed the new addiction to Facebook? I'll admit it, I got suckered in too, the new is wearing off a bit for me, I don't update my "status" hourly and I don't check my page everyday. But, I was thinking it seems like the blogs I follow and even others don't update as often, I was wondering, is it because of facebook, or just busyness? If you see my update (ha!), tell me what you think, I'm curious, has facebook taken the place of our blogs???? I hope not, because I like FB and catching up with so many that I haven't spoken to in years, but I love reading about the lives of others I'm close to and what they like to share about their families. All that to say, if you have found FB to be easier, and a better way to connect, then more power to you! I'll just catch up with you there!

6 comments:

Joy&Jesse said...

I like Facebook, but I LOVE reading people's blogs. I think people just don't know what to say or don't take enough pictures to update their blogs. I do wish there were more updates too though!

natalie said...

facebook is a fun quick way to hear about your day or hours or weeks depending on how often you update your status. and i admit, i only read blogs once a week to catch up. but i prefer reading more than a status update about how things are going.

Kayla said...

Heather?!?! I burst into tears as I ran across your blog, tears of pure happiness that I found you! Your kids are beautiful and you look amazing. I think about you guys very often and I miss you dearly. I hope you will come visit my blog and my email address is kaylamcmom@yahoo.com - I'd LOVE to hear from you.
I love and miss you more than you know,
Kayla (used to be Robison)

Val said...

Your post has me cracking up at work! I completely understand what you are saying.

#1 I'm laughing because you posted it 3 weeks ago and i just now read it. I just got to a point where I absolutely couldnt do anything online.....I just couldnt. I couldnt post and I couldnt read others.

#2 4 days ago I discovered FB. The entire weekend I was obsessed with finding people and catching up with old high school classmates, now I am down to checking each evening before bed and i'm sure in a few days I will be a few times a week.

#3 I just posted my first blogs in over a month. I have loved getting the quick updates and insights into peoples lives on FB but I really love knowing what they are thinking and doing from the blogs.

I love you! Expect a facebook add from me tonight :)

natalie said...

although this is an old post, i'm responding anyways...i miss you! you need to update! :)

and i am taking a facebook holiday partially b/c of the addiction, partially b/c all i do is waste time on there and partially for sanity sake :)

Liz said...

Heather, I love your new layout! I miss you guys so much. Thanks for loving me. You are great.